FreeSpace is a very simple menu bar application which displays the free space left on your hard drive. With the recent upgrade to Lion, you will notice the free space is no longer displayed on the finder window, letting you forget about how much space you have left because it is no longer conveniently displayed. But FreeSpace does more then just show you free disk space, it can also show partitions on your hard drive, usb flash drives and external storage, even network storage disks. You can even do an eject all command straight from FreeSpace in your menu bar.
By just looking at the screenshots you may think it doesn’t seem that useful. But it really is. Mostly for users that have multiple storage drives, either connected directly to your Mac or over a network. Also with a great auto launch feature, you just have to install it once and never worry about it, it will always be in your menu bar if you choose so. You can also open any drive by just clicking on it in FreeSpace in your menu, this allows for quick drive navigation when you have multiple windows open and cant see your desktop. Overall its a very useful and simple application that once you start to use, you can never do without.
- Platform: Mac
- Price: $0.99
- Version: 1.0
- Category: Utilities
- Size: 0.5 MB
- Developer: Luma Fung
App Store Description:
➤ “FreeSpace is a tiny menubar utility that can show you how much space is available on all local, connected, and network drives with a single click.” – lifehacker.com
➤ “1-click unmount all attached external drives.” – macmix.ru
➤ “If you use a lot of external drives, Freespace is quite handy.” – Macwelt.de
★ Top 1 Utility in USA AppStore!
★ Top 10 Utility UK, Canada, France, Germany, Sweden, Australia, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Spain, Ireland AppStores, and more!
✔ FreeSpace combines many menu bar apps into one
- Eject All by 1-click
- Display free spaces of all connected drives
- Mount and Eject completion indicator
✔ Detail Features
- Eject all external drives and disk images by 1-click or ⌘E
- Display the free spaces of all your connected drives on the menu
- Display the free space of any local drive on the status bar
- Drives are grouped and displayed in their own categories
- Eject any single external drive or disk image
- Open any drive in Finder by clicking the menu
- Drives information are updated in realtime
✔ Ultra Efficient
- Ultra-low CPU and memory consumption
- Ultra-fast auto-launch when login
✔ Language Support
- English, 日本語, 正體中文, 簡體中文
✔ Mac Requirement
- OSX 10.6.8 or above