iThrowU is a new sharing platform available for your iPhone or iPod. It has a unique concept, where you can take a photo or write down some text and then throw it out there “share it” with other iThrowU users. Then they will receive the throw and decide to drop it or go on to throw it out again, if they throw it out again they have to rate it out of three stars. Its similar to the retweet process and the Facebook liking system in a way.
It really is a unique and interesting concept which turns out to be quite fun. Although there are no real social network qualities to it, such as chat, profiles etc, sharing images and quotes with random strangers and getting them to share them out is quite satisfying. Overall the interface is extremely easy and enjoyable to use, which makes iThrowU even more powerful.
- Platform: iPhone/iPod
- Price: Free
- Version: 1.21
- Category: Social Networking
- Size: 3.6 MB
- Developer: appit Ltd
App Store Description:
iThrowU is social sharing at its most random and it’s most fun! Download this game-changing digital connection app, throw messages and photos into the world, use amazing face recognition tech to super-impose props over faces in your live camera, and let your thoughts & pics loose all over the world today!
iThrowU is a revolutionary social sharing platform that takes a wildly spontaneous new spin on the notion of digital connection! The app gives you the freedom to create anything from photos to text messages and share them randomly with the world via a single throwing gesture on your iOS device.
Replace faces with props and share the hilarious images on the fly!
• iThrowU includes amazing real-time face recognition technology that allows you to automatically overlap the faces of people you photograph with over 80 uniquely hilarious ‘props’ ranging from the theatrical to the outright goofy, including fake beards, hats, glasses, and much more!
• All props pop up in front of faces live, and automatically move and change size with the motion of faces across the screen! 6 photo effect filters are placed at your disposal as well, ensuring you’ll always have the tools to make the next visual iThrowU classic.
• Even add multiple props to face’s or pictures from your devices library creating layered images.
iThrowU represents digital connection at its most spontaneous and unpredictable!
• Thrown messages will be ‘caught’ at random by other users from all over the world, who in turn can rate the message and either to throw them on to the next random user as well as sharing them via Facebook, Twitter, Email and SMS text – or drop them from the system if they’re not impressed!
• Throws are tracked on an animated map so you see where your message go and see what people do once they catch them by simply toggling your catch view. To boot, you have the power to save your favorite caught messages, as well as your own throws for easy reference later.
• iThrowU creates a global content driven sharing forum that’s completely self-policing and self-propelled. Uninspired, offense, or plain old boring content naturally gets dropped – or reported to moderators – while the most intriguing and entertaining content ends up bounced around from user to user and shared all over the world!
Become a part of the global iThrowU community.
• Users can keep track of the most popular ‘Throws’ making their rounds among users with a handy Top Ten Throws board. The top spots are decided by you, so take an active hand in helping the cream of the random messaging crop rise to the top by regularly judging and commenting on the messages you catch!
• iThrowU also features a Weekly Challenge that picks a specific word or theme and lets users go wild.Want to compete? It’s as simple as thinking up a winning idea, accepting the challenge with the click of a button, and throwing your entry out into the world!
Get in on iThrowU action online view by participating at www.iThrowU.com.
• Random global photo and message sharing.
• Dynamic live face recognition technology to let you super-impose props onto faces, in real-time!
• Integration with Facebook and Twitter.
• Intuitive ‘throwing’ and ‘catching’ motion controls.
• Live Top Ten Throws list.
• Weekly themed challenge.
• Simple gesture-based message zooming and minimizing features.
• Multiple language options including: